In daily life we negotiate on numerous occasions: for prices, projects, our own needs and many more. Reach your goals with a systematic approach to negotation!
If you take a systematic approach, allowing you to understand and reflect upon your personal negotiation style – which may be influenced by the culture you come from – and if you know how to adopt appropriate negotiation strategies and leverage, then you will increase your power to achieve agreements on your own terms.
The course ‘Reach your goals clever and calm. Negotiation in daily life and business’.
aims to expand your self-awareness and negotiation abilities. Film sequences from the US-series House of Cards will illustrate keys to successful negotiation. An intercultural case study will round up the seminar.
Content of the seminar
- Preparing for your negotiation
- Negotiation strategy and tactics for flexible acting
- How to avoid typical negotiation mistakes
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand your negotiation style, its strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the psychology of influence, based on five key factors
- Use insights from the FBI and the latest neuroscientific research to deal with stressful negotiations.
This course is suitable for students from all faculties.
Also available: A special negotiation course for women.
‘The female way. How women negotiate successfully’.
Studies such as those by Harvard professor Deborah Tannen (“Who Gets Heard And Why”) prove that women and men tend to communicate differently – the reason for this lies in socialisation.
This often also affects negotiations, which is unfortunate because neither women nor men are aware of these differences–and they have not learnt how to deal with them. We all carry out small and large negotiations every day: for the recognition of our needs, for projects, for making money, etc. It is therefore worthwhile to know how to negotiate consciously and cleverly, because then we can achieve our goals more easily.
In this course we look at specific strategies and tactics with which we strengthen women’s negotiating skills, even in male-dominated contexts.
With the help of film extracts, we sharpen our perception for negotiating situations: how emotions are steered and where traps lurk. In role-play, we test our individual negotiating skills on a practical level.
At the end of the workshop you will know:
- the crucial elements for the preparation of negotiations;
- how to turn around uncooperative counterparts;
- how to deal with (negative) emotions;
- methods for body language self-coaching.
For negotiation seminars in German language please refer to http://www.henningsmeyer.de/verhandeln/ .